The 257 Liberty Pump is a 1/3 HP Automatic Submersible Sump Pump that is magnetically operated with a vertical float VMF switch and 10ft power cord. It is a unique one-piece cast iron housing and thermally protected & permanently lubricated motor.This pump can operate in a 10" diameter sump pit, handles solids up to 1/2", and has a 18' shut-off head.
Model 257 is for Sump and De-watering Applications only. This Vertical Magnetic Float (VMF) model is not recommended for effluent applications due to their short On/Off cycle. Wide angle float models such as Liberty Pumps 251 and 253 are better suited for effluent applications and are easily adjustable for different On/Off levels.
- Rugged 1/3 HP motor, oil filled with thermal overload protection
- 1/2" solids handling
- 1-1/2" Discharge
- Max Intermittent Fluid Temperature: 140°F (60°C)
- Max Continuous Duty Fluid Temperature 104°F (40°C)
- Hermetically sealed motor and switch cavities, and permanently lubricated bearings
- Liberty's UNI-BODY casting - a solid, one piece housing that eliminates the lower motor seal ring found on other pumps
- Epoxy powder coat finish
- Vortex style impeller for superior solids-handling. Made of high temperature engineering polymer
- Fasteners all made of non-corrosive stainless steel
- 416 stainless steel rotor shaft